Dreaming about ultimate performance for your chatbots?
What if your users do not have Facebook Messenger or Telegram but you still want to interact with them through your bot? You can build a website chatbot easily with Activechat in just a couple of steps!
Step 1 – install pixel code
To enable website chatbot widget and user tracking on your website you will need to install our pixel first. It will enable tracking of website events (for example, visiting specific pages by your chatbot users).
1. Go to your bot Settings – Channels and click on the gear icon of the Pixel tile.
2. Type in your website address and click “Validate” to get the code.
3. Copy the code and paste it anywhere in the <body> section of your website HTML.
4. Click “Check installation” to make sure the code is working. If everything is OK, it will display the time when your pixel was last active.
You can also forward installation instructions to your developer or website designer – just type his/her address in the “Developer’s email address” field and click “Send”.
Step 2 – select website chatbot widget
Once pixel code is installed and active, you can go to your chatbot settings to select the type of chat widget displayed.
Activechat supports both native HTML chat widget and Facebook chat widget (if your bot is connected to Facebook page).
Both have their pros and cons. The Facebook chat widget will require Facebook authentication for your bot users to be able to talk to your chatbot. Not everyone loves this, but once your bot starts a conversation on your website, it will be able to continue on Facebook Messenger even after the user leaves your site. Actually, you get lead data with every new conversation and you will be able to broadcast marketing messages later.
Native Activechat widget does not require any authentication, but messages will be delivered only while your users are on the website. The conversation is persistent, i.e. it will continue when the same user visits your website again (it’s cookie-based, so will depend on the browser and device).
To choose the type of chat widget on your website, go to your bot Settings – General and open the “Chat widget” section. Choose either “Activechat widget” or “Facebook messenger” or even no widget at all.
Both widgets can be customized in terms of colors, messages and font sizes. Check these two links for more details:
How to install pixel and website chatbot with WordPress plugin
WordPress users can easily add website chatbot functionality with Activechat plugin. Here is how:
1. Visit your WordPress dashboard and go to “Plugins” section. Click “Add new”.
2. Type “Activechat” in the search box. “Activechat.ai chatbots and live chat” plugin will appear in the search.
3. Click “Install now” and then “Activate”.
4. New item “Activechat.ai” will appear in your WordPress dashboard menu on the left. Click it to set up.
5. Go to your bot settings in the Activechat dashboard and open “Advanced settings” section. There will be a bot ID in the bottom right section. Click the icon to copy it to your clipboard.
6. Go back to your WordPress dashboard (Activechat.ai settings) and paste the ID to connect this bot to your website. Click “Connect”.
7. Select the type of chat widget to use (Activechat native or Facebook Messenger). Click “Update” and you’re done!