To create a new Telegram chatbot to be used with Activechat, you will need to use the @BotFather. It’s a system chatbot within Telegram, built specifically to maintain customer’s chatbots.
Getting chatbot token from @BotFather
Follow these simple steps to create a new Telegram chatbot and connect it to Activechat:
1. Find @BotFather user or click the link https://t.me/BotFather
2. Send /newbot command and give your bot a name. Type this name and press Enter.
3. Give your bot some smart @username (no spaces, English symbols and digits, should end with _bot).
4. Ready! Copy the access token that @BotFather sent you (select it and press Ctrl+C or Cmd-C).
Connecting Telegram chatbot to Activechat
Now you can use that token in Activechat to connect your new shiny Telegram chatbot to any of your existing bots (or maybe create a new one).
1. Choose “Settings – Channels” in the menu on the left and click the gear icon in the Telegram tile.
2. Paste the access token that you got from @BotFather, click “Connect” and you’re done!