First of all, let’s connect Twilio to the chatbot built with Activechat. If you already have a Twilio project that you’d like to automate, you can skip steps 1-3 below.
1. Go to your Twilio console, select “Create new project” from the top left menu and select “Products” tab. Select “Phone numbers” and “Programmable SMS” and click “Continue”.
2. Give your project a name and invite teammates, if necessary.
3. Don’t forget to purchase phone numbers in the “Numbers” tab on the left (you need at least one number that your bot will use for sending and receiving messages).
4. On the top right side of your Twilio dashboard there will be “Account SID” and “Auth token” fields (click “View” to display Auth token if it’s hidden).
5. Copy these values and paste into “Twilio SMS” tab in your bot Settings and click “Connect”.
ℹ️ IMPORTANT: when you connect Twilio to the chatbot, the “start” skill will not be available for chatbot users. On every incoming message, the “default” skill will be triggered. You can either use keywords detection for replies (just keep in mind that chatbot buttons will not be available on SMS) or build this skill from scratch.